I thought I was already seeing a lot of ads like that. That is, until I started this blog. Ever since, the ad servers have been exclusively feeding me crap like that.
Oh, how I miss the days when my area was "full of horny singles", when I could "earn 5000€ in a day" from home, playing an online quest game full of buxom amazons and simultaneously extending my penis "by five inches overnight". And when I'd tire of that, I could while away the evening with my "busty Russian mail order wife" in an online casino. But no, now all the ad servers send me is "This is how to melt fat" and "Don't eat this if you want abs" or "Doctors hate this housewife's simple discovery".
These "simple tricks to weight loss" can generally be sorted away into one or several of the following different categories:
Simple, not easy
Targets weight loss, not fat loss
To exemplify the last category; an effective weight loss technique would be to rid your diet of salt. Your body will then get rid of a lot of the water that it was holding, and bingo you've lost weight. That weight, however, is pretty much all water, not fat.
Below, I'm going to detail a few actual fat loss "tricks", without filling your computer with trojans. I'm nice like that. Because there most certainly are hacks out there to help accelerate fat loss. Allow me to reiterate that: We're talking here about hacks for accelerating fat loss. Not causing it on their own. The following tips are not a replacement for a healthy lifestyle, just like shaving your legs and getting a streamlined helmet is not a replacement for having a bike.
Continuing with the cycling theme: Team GB's cycling coaches' approaches place a lot of value in "incremental gains". They already have fantastic athletes on the squad. Powerful, dedicated, and kitted out with the best equipment. These are athletes that have no glaring errors. So how do you train them? You focus on little things that could be optimized, which, on their own, only cause infinitesmal increases in performance. But if you do this with enough little things, you can make some pretty big performance gains. The same applies to fat loss. If your diet and training is solid, you have to look to small adjustments or hacks in order to incrementally increase fat burning potential.
So, here are some of these small adjustments that I have used in the past to good effect, and together to great effect:
- Using spicy foods (capsaicin) to increase metabolism.
- Increasing caffeine intake - adding sugar or milk to your coffee will negate the effect. I won't even mention Red Bull.
- Using cinnamon as a sweetener/generally increasing cinnamon consumption (agents help regulate blood sugar).
- Drinking ice cold water - the body must expend energy to increase core temperature.
- Drinking a shot of apple cider vinegar in morning & at night (careful not to touch teeth!) - proven to assist fat loss.
And here are a few obvious ones, that are not so much hacks as much as common sense!
- Get enough high quality sleep - elevated levels of cortisol, a stress hormone, inhibit fat loss. Sleeping well sink them.
- Remain active. You might not have time to work out, but you can still take the stairs or walk a bit further for lunch.
- Eat enough. Don't starve yourself. It's called an eating disorder for a reason. Your body needs nutrients to burn fat.
- Drink enough water. Dehydration will make you lighter, but it won't make you leaner.
When I come across, and have tested a few more "hacks", I'll repost this guide with updates.
Have fun and let me know how your experiences go in the comments!